Join 35 other subscribers
- Footlose Amby Burfoot, Runner’s World’s editor at large, shares a wide variety of running-related thoughts and opinions.
- Road Scholar I always enjoy the quirky running ruminations of Peter Sagal, host of NPR’s “Wait Wait… Don’t Tell!”
- Westy's Running A veteran trail runner’s blog everybody will enjoy.
- Mom on the Edge This edgy, stimulating blog sizes up the human condition and asks what we think of it. I highly recommend it, both because it will make you think and because it’s written by my wife, the extraordinary Kate Beem.
- I Love Paddling The official blog of canoeing.com, canoesits and kayakers alike will find stimulating, helpful information here.
- Trail Talk The official blog of the National Park Foundation has great tips and perspectives for those who hike, cycle and paddle in our national parks.
- Independence Parks and Recreation Check out the Independence Parks and Recreation page and the trail guide, which you can find at http://www.ci.independence.mo.us/UserDocs/ParksAndRec/TrailGuideWeb.pdf.
- Runner's World The runner’s encyclopedia.
- Mid-America Running Association Things Midwestern runners should know.
- Kansas City Track Club A great source of running information for runners living and looking for running opportnities in Kansas City.
- Rails to Trails The Washington, D.C.-based non-profit organization is dedicated to creating a nationwide trail network of former rail lines and connecting corridors. Since 1986, the conservancy has facilitated more than 1,400 miles of rail trails.
- KC Running Company Kansas City’s premier running support organization manages and times more than 100 events each year in the region.
- National Park Service Our national parks offer an unparalleled menu of opportunity for runners, cyclists and paddlers of all levels.
- Missouri Canoe and Floaters Association The best source of information on paddling Missouri’s rivers and streams, which where recognized in 1964 by the National Park Service as the Ozark National Scenic Riverways.
- Gmap Pedometer The definitive source of distance and terrain information for those planning running, cycling and paddling excursions.
- Gunflint Outfitters If you’re searching for the premier outfitter in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness (BWCAW), look no further. I’ve used Gunflint Outfitters on two Boy Scout high adventure trips and had phenomenal experiences both times.
- RunRunLive A podcast for veteran and novice runners whose top priority is to lace up their shoes and hit the road.
- Car Talk There’s no better podcast to take on your weekend LSD run. You’ll laugh all the way home!
- Heartland Running I like this podcast because it’s produced in mid-Missouri and often features regional athletes. It’s great for runners of all levels.
- Bridge and Dam Half Marathon I haven’t run this race but may tackle it in 2018. It’s on Saturday, March 24, 2018 in Lake Ozark, Mo.
- The Confessor I’ve been devouring Daniel Silva’s Gabriel Allon series in recent weeks. I’m just about through The Confessor, the third Allon book, and am really enjoying it.
Category Archives: September 2017
Signed, sealed and delivered
Kate and I registered for two races this weekend! We’ll run the Cliffhanger Run 8K, which benefits Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, on October 28. It follows a beautiful course along Kansas City’s Gladstone Boulevard. And on December 2, … Continue reading
Posted in All posts, September 2017 Leave a comment